Enter Now to Win These Great Prizes
1st Prize: Pro Producer Platinum Pack
Total Value $1,500
- Ableton Push 2 – Value $800
- Lifetime subscription to BassGorilla – Value $350
- Featured artist on our blog – Value $100
- Free 1 hour Music Marketing consultation – Value $100
- BassGorilla Hoodie – Value $50
- Present BassTime – Value $100
2nd Prize: Pro Producer Gold Pack
Total Value $500
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface – Value $160
- Annual subscription to BassGorilla Value – Value $240
- Get promoted on a blog post – Value $50
- Track featured on our Spotify Playlist – Value $25
- BassGorilla T-Shirt – Value $25
3rd Prize: Pro Producer Silver Pack
Total Value $250
- Shure SM57 microphone – $180
- One Month BassGorilla Pro Membership – Value $20
- Featured on our Spotify Playlist – Value $25
- BassGorilla T-Shirt – Value $25
How to Enter
- Become a BassGorilla Member. Click here for more details.
- Register using the email registration box on this page.
- Once we’ve received 100 entrants the competition will be open.
Once the competition is open you will receive full instructions via email. You’ll have four weeks to get creative, smash out a killer tune based on the inspiration source and upload by the deadline.
By entering you agree to the Terms and Conditions of the competition detailed below.
Your Inspiration Source
2020 has been a year like no other. Sometimes it feels like it has been one long stream of disaster, protest and dismay. The negativity portrayed by the media is at times overwhelming, but there are always positives we can draw on. At BassGorilla we believe in promoting positive vibes, so we’ve selected some images that have emerged over the year that give hope for humanity and a better 2021.
- Love in a COVID world
- Quarantine hugs for those in need.
- The breath of fresh air that lockdown gave the earth – Seoul South Korea.
- Artists celebrating our front line workers.
- The show of humanity as a protester rescues his adversary.
- Animals investigating the human world without fear.
What we are looking for
Given our love of bass music, we are looking for tunes that fit our Spotify profile – this includes DnB, Dubstep, Lo-fi, Grime, Future Bass, Neurofunk, Glitch Hop, IDM, BassHouse, Electrohouse, Hip Hop or Riddim. Samples are ok, but please make sure you have the rights to use them otherwise we won’t be able to accept them.
In assessing the entries we will consider:
- How does the track adhere to the theme? Does it feel relevant?
- Is the track polished, well balanced and mastered?
- Does the track feel complete? How does it flow?
- How unique is the track? Does it grab your attention?
The Top 5 will progress to the final where a surprise guest artist will review all songs and select who will claim the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize packs.
Terms and Conditions
The ‘Promoter’ is Alista Enterprises Limited (AEL) incorporating BassGorilla.com
‘Disqualified Participants’ are:
(a) all AEL and BassGorilla employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families;
(b) all people under the age of 18 years where the prize incorporates any element which would be illegal to supply to a person under the age of 18 years;
‘Immediate Families’ include spouses, grandparents, parents, children, and grandchildren, whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
- These Promotion or Competition Rules (‘the Rules’) apply to all AEL Promotions or Competitions (collectively the ‘Promotion’) conducted by means of any medium – online, print, or a connected device. The Rules may change from time to time.
- If a particular Promotion has specific rules or terms (‘the ‘ Specific Rules’) those Specific Rules will apply if there is any inconsistency with the Rules.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules registration, entry or vote is limited to 1 per person. Where multiple registrations, entries or votes are acceptable, each must be made separately.
- Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules and the Specific Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority (for example from the bill payer or owner of a telephone) to enter the Promotion.
- BassGorilla Members must have an active membership to win or participate in the Promotion.
- The Promotion is open to all nationalities excluding those currently on the United Nations sanctions list. Disqualified Participants may not enter in the Promotion.
- AEL reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
- AEL reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who AEL decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules (including the Specific Rules), gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- By participating, entrants grant AEL exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, videos, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
- Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text or email notification – active, through to and beyond the date of the Promotion’s completion.
Winning the Prize
- Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize (the ‘Winner’).
- The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Rules or the Specific Rules – if not specified then as determined by the Promoter who shall for this purpose be deemed the judge (the ‘Judge’).
- The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Winner will be notified by email, phone (voice or text), mail or in person and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by AEL. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (eg: when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone after three attempts or mail sent is returned) the Judge will select another winner. If, after successful notification, the prize is not collected within two months of being announced it will be regarded as forfeit. (Note: 3 attempts to contact the Winner will include individual calls to any numbers provided at the time of entry.
- The Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner’s behalf. In the event that the Prize specified in the Competition becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- The Winner takes the Prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies AEL in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the Prize. Where the Prize has associated terms and conditions the Winner accepts the Prize subject to those terms and conditions and restrictions.
- AEL reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
- AEL takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, texts with a misspelt keyword, texts to an incorrect shortcode, Force Majeure or otherwise.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law AEL will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the prize.
- Where the Prize is to be supplied by an entity outside AEL control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, AEL has no responsibility for the provision of the Prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative Prize or to take legal action to require the Prize supplier to provide the Prize.
- Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- If the Winner does not accept these Terms and Conditions the prize will be forfeited.