- Module 1 – Artist Introduction & Track Walkthrough
- Module 2 – Philosophy & Mixing Skills
- Module 3 – Preparing the Session
- Module 4 – Creating & Mixing the Kick
- Module 5 – Creating & Mixing the Bass
- Module 6 – Mixing Kick & Bass Together
- Module 7 – Mixing the Leads Group
- Module 8 – Mixing FX, Pads and Sounds
- Module 9 – Mixing the Drums
- Module 10 – Mastering – Guidelines and Mastering chain
- Module 11 – Multiband Compression for Psytrance
- Module 12 – Spot the 4 Most Important Parts of the Song and Make Them Great
Psytrance: Mix & Mastering in Cubase with Zeamoon
Watch as Psytrance champion Zeamoon unveils valuable mixing and mastering techniques guaranteed to make your music sound just like the pros’ in terms of frequency spectrum, impact and loudness. You’ll also learn how to create modern, high-class Psytrance basslines and powerful, crisp sounding drums. The course release date is June 27.
Results you can expect from this course
This course will give you the knowledge and skills you need to:
- Achieve a great mix where all elements have their space and sit on the right spot with regards to stereo and depth image.
- Use effective mastering techniques that will help you create a master of your track to a professional level, comparable to other commercial songs.
- Create perfect kicks and crisp psytrance basslines from scratch.
- Understand the fundamental theory behind a great mix and develop an analytic approach to your mixing process.
- Deal with individual groups of a track and learn how to effectively process them using techniques such as multiband compression and layering.
- Use A/Bing as a tool to always know the right mixing and mastering direction.
Example Tutorials From This Course
About Your Instructor
Zeamoon is the solo project of Simon Neumann, a talented and trained audio engineer, musician and producer from Germany. Already well known for his psychedelic chillout project ‘Seamoon’ and for his prog-psytrance-duo ‘Sonic Tickle’ with his friend Janosch Wolf, Simon has substantial experience in shaping frequencies for your personal pleasure and dancefloor adventure! His first EP “Sawtooth Surgery” went to number one on JunoDownloads – Psytrance Charts. With his Zeamoon project, Simon is concentrating on progressive psychedelic trance tunes with a perfect balance of twisted psychedelic sawtooth rippin’ sounds and groove & dancefloor oriented rhythms. His unique style is defined by the highest quality production with huge basslines and forward moving energy.
With a background as a drummer, he played for a few years in a classical jazz-trio and started very early to produce hip hop beats, dub and trip hop amongst other influences. This led into electronic music with releases on labels such as Merkaba Music, Another Psyde Rec, Uroboros Rec, Technophobia Rec. He has also mastered various albums reaching the top ten Beatport Charts and brings this all this experience for this course. Simon has collaborated with artist such as Lauge, Kalya Scintilla, Sensient, Millivolt, Mute, AstroPilot, Hinkstep, Expedizion, Sixis, Animatronix, and more. Simon has also performed live at prominent music festivals around the world, including MODEM Festival, Fusion Festival, Freqs of Nature Festival, Waldfrieden Wonderland Festival, Klika of Happiness, Neverland Festival, DOX Art Festival and the Life Celebration Festival.
Tutorials In This Course
Software Used In This Course & System Requirements
Software Used In This Course:
- Cubase 8.5
- Commercial PlugIns: Waves Q10 EQ, Xfer LFO Tool
- Commercial Synths: XferSerum, BazzIsm
- Freeware PlugIns: TDR Nova Dynamic EQ, Spitfish De-esser, Voxengo SPAN
- Intel Mac with OS X 10.7 or later, 4 GB RAM
- PC with Windows 7, 8 or 10. 4GB RAM